Search for Director, Faculty Equity
The Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic is recruiting for a Director, Faculty Equity. This staff position is responsible for leading initiatives that will broadly diversify the UBC Vancouver campus with an emphasis on an increase in faculty equity, diversity and inclusion, and will provide leadership in UBC’s anti-racism framework and the Inclusion Action Plan as it pertains the broader Provost and Vice-President Academic (PVPA) portfolio.
The Director, Faculty Equity, will focus on providing leadership and guidance in the following areas:
- UBC’s anti-racism framework as it pertains the broader PVPA portfolio; including the development of best practices;
- EDI in recruitment and retention of faculty and staff;
- New EDI initiatives across the campus, for example new program development (e.g. centres or new teaching or research programs) to support anti-racism initiatives;
- Recruitment of students by developing a scholarship program and other initiatives that would attract diverse students to UBC; and
- Increasing visibility of anti-racism initiatives – both within and external to UBC.
This position is a two-year part-time (50% FTE) secondment opportunity.
Interested applicants can find the full job description and apply in UBC’s internal careers site in Workday (Position JR619, closes Jan. 10, 2021).