Associate Vice-President, Health
UBC is embarking on a search for a new Associate Vice-President, Health, on the Vancouver campus.
The Associate Vice-President (AVP), Health, will support the Vice-President, Health. This role will also be a key member of the VP Health senior management team and have responsiblity for providing academic leadership and development, administrative management and delivery related to strategic initiatives of the VP Health portfolio.
We are seeking a UBC faculty member to work with Deans, Directors, Senates, Department Heads, and Program Directors to deliver innovation in interdisciplinary education, health systems planning, and health research. The AVP Health will also formalize operational connections with health system leaders, including government, community relations and health authorities, and will build alignment within the university.
An advisory committee has been established under Policy #18. Committee members include:
- Dermot Kelleher, Dean, Faculty of Medicine and Vice-President, Health (Chair)
- Andrew Szeri, Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Vancouver
- Patricia Lasserre, interim Provost and Vice-Principal Academic, UBC Okanagan
- Michael Coughtrie, Dean, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- James Olson, Dean, Faculty of Applied Science
- Paul Van Donkelaar, School of Health and Exercise Sciences, Faculty of Health and Social Development, UBC Okanagan
- Kristen Morgan, UBC Okanagan Senate
- Susan Forwell, Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine
- Paul Keown, Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine
- Jakob Gattinger, UBC Vancouver Senate
- Manuela Reekie, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health and Social Development, UBC Okanagan
- Jason Sutherland, School of Population and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine
- Nadine Caron, Co-Director, Centre for Excellence in Indigenous Health, Faculty of Medicine
- Shanda Jordan Gaetz, Executive Director, Faculty Affairs, Faculty of Medicine
- Paula Tran, Vice-President External, UBCOSU
- Max Holmes, Vice-President Academic, AMS
For full details of the position please view the position profile.
For expressions of interest, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by October 26, 2018.