Advancing the strategic plan: Shaping UBC’s Next Century and bringing the various elements of the plan to life is a priority for the UBC community. To support this goal, over the next two years the university will focus on six targeted priority areas within the strategic plan, including Strategy 11: Education Renewal. This strategy seeks to facilitate sustained program renewal and improvements in teaching effectiveness, with particular emphasis on expanding opportunities for graduate students to learn about teaching and broadening their learning as they prepare for their careers.
The Office of the Provost and VP Academic encourages faculty members, staff, postdocs and students to apply for the Advancing Education Renewal Call for Proposals.
Funded by UBC Vancouver’s Academic Excellence Funds, a total of $1.5 million over two years has been earmarked for UBC-V to support projects that advance one of three identified focus areas:
- Improvements in teaching effectiveness;
- Program redesign: Developing program-level outcomes; and
- Reimagining and strengthening graduate programs.
Two information sessions and three consultation sessions will be held between December and February. More information can be found by clicking the links below:
- Information session: December 10, 2019
- Consultation session: December 17, 2019
- Information session: January 14, 2020
- Consultation session: January 21, 2020
- Consultation session: January 30, 2020
- Consultation session: February 4, 2020
In addition, individual consultation sessions are available through the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for applicants with specific questions relating to graduate education proposals. Contact Virginia Hourihane for more information.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
3PM ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2020
Focus Areas + Criteria
Learn about the three focus areas and their eligibility, evaluation criteria and funding limits.