The Strategy and Decision Support (SDS) team identifies solutions to complex problems and provides support to address large-scale challenges and opportunities on projects related to UBC’s institutional strategy.
SDS partners with units to provide the following services:
- Presentation and evaluation of options for strategic decision making.
- Development of implementation frameworks.
- Identification of key issues and effective strategies to address them.
- Financial modelling of complex scenarios to support strategic decisions.
- Financial risk assessment.
- Feasibility assessment (e.g. new program ideas, projects).
- Financial sustainability planning.
- Business performance measurement and improvement.
- Advice on business process practice (e.g. in relation to new services or major improvement to processes underpinning existing services).