Nine UBC faculty elected to Royal Society of Canada
The Royal Society of Canada has announced that nine UBC faculty members are among this year's Fellows and Members of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists.
Seven UBC faculty have been elected Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada. Fellows are elected by their peers for their outstanding scholarly, scientific and artistic achievement. Recognition by the RSC is the highest honour an individual can achieve in the Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences. This year's Fellows are:
- Jinhua Chen (Asian Studies)
- Mark Halpern (Physics & Astronomy)
- Scott Hinch (Forest & Conservation Sciences)
- Ara Norenzayan (Psychology)
- Leonie Sandercock (School of Community and Regional Planning)
- Alla Sheffer (Computer Science)
- Amanda Vincent (Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries)
Two faculty are named as new members of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists. The College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists is Canada's first national system of multidisciplinary recognition for the emerging generation of Canadian intellectual leadership. Those new members are:
- Abbas S. Milani (School of Engineering / Materials and Manufacturing Research Institute - UBC Okanagan)
- Catharine Winstanley (Psychology)
Please visit the VP Research + Innovations website to read more about these honours.