Search for a new Senior Advisor to the Provost on Women and Gender-Diverse Faculty
A message from Andrew Szeri, Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Vancouver
UBC is embarking on a search for a new Senior Advisor to the Provost on Women and Gender-Diverse Faculty.
Jennifer Love, professor of Chemistry and current Senior Advisor, will be stepping down from this role at the end of December, 2019. The university is now looking for a tenured faculty member who understands intersectionality, substantive equity issues and the goals of inclusivity as they relate to women and gender-diverse faculty (including racialized faculty, Indigenous faculty and faculty with disabilities). The deadline for applications is noon on October 16, 2019.
The Senior Advisor to the Provost on Women and Gender-Diverse Faculty will support institutional efforts to enhance the scholarly and leadership environment and opportunities. Reporting directly to the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Vancouver, the successful candidate will work closely with the Deans, Human Resources (in particular, Faculty Relations), the Senior Advisor to the Provost on Racialized Faculty, the Equity and Inclusion Office and other units. The initial appointment is for a term of two years at an anticipated 40% commitment, and is renewable.
A search committee has been formed, comprising:
- Ninan Abraham — Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Department of Zoology; and Associate Dean, Equity and Diversity, Faculty of Science
- Lara Boyd — Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine
- Sarah Gergel — Professor, Department of Forest and Conservation Sciences; and Associate Dean, Diversity & Inclusion, Faculty of Forestry
- Kai Li — Professor, Finance Division; Senior Associate Dean, Equity and Diversity, UBC Sauder School of Business
- Minelle Mahtani — Associate Professor, Institute for Social Justice; and Senior Advisor to the Provost on Racialized Faculty
- Greg Martin — Professor, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science
- Dory Nason — Senior Instructor, First Nations and Indigenous Studies, Faculty of Arts
- Sheryl Staub-French — Professor, Civil Engineering; Associate Dean, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Faculty of Applied Science
- Andrew Szeri — Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Vancouver (chair)
Full details of the position and how to apply can be found at: https://academic.ubc.ca/sr_advisor_women_gender_diverse_faculty
Applicants should submit their current CV, statement of interest and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.