Senior Advisor to the Provost on Racialized Faculty — call for applications
Please note: The deadline for applications has been extended to April 6, 2018.
UBC is embarking on a search for a new Senior Advisor to the Provost on Racialized Faculty, UBC Vancouver.
Based on the recommendation of the Vice Presidents’ Strategic Implementation Committee on Equity and Diversity, this new position, will support our institutional commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in the scholarly and leadership environment for all faculty at UBC. The position will report to me and work with the Associate Vice-President, Equity and Inclusion, and the Senior Advisor to the Provost on Women Faculty.
Working collaboratively with units across the university, the Senior Advisor will have responsibilities in areas which include advancement and leadership, research, and policy development.
The creation of this role demonstrates UBC’s commitment to academic excellence and support for diversity across the professoriate.
A search has been initiated and an advisory committee has been established.
Committee members include:
- Rumee Ahmed, Associate Dean, Faculty of Arts
- Glen Coulthard, Associate Professor, First Nations and Indigenous Studies Program, and Department of Political Science
- Shirin Eshghi, Head, Asian Library
- Sara-Jane Finlay, Associate Vice-President, Equity and Inclusion
- Jennifer Love, Senior Advisor to the Provost on Women Faculty, and Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Kai Li, Professor and Senior Associate Dean, Equity and Diversity, Sauder School of Business
Full details of the position and how to apply can be found here.
Applications must be submitted by April 6, 2018.