Ten UBC faculty elected to Royal Society of Canada in 2021
The Royal Society of Canada has announced that 10 UBC faculty members are among this year's Fellows and Members of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists.
Nine UBC faculty have been elected Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada. The fellowship of the RSC comprises over 2,000 Canadian scholars, artists, and scientists, peer-elected as the best in their field. These are distinguished individuals from all branches of learning who have made remarkable contributions in the arts, the humanities and the sciences, as well as in Canadian public life.
- Dr. Alejandro Adem (Mathematics, UBCV)
- Dr. Jeannette Armstrong (Community, Culture and Global Studies, UBCO)
- Dr. Curtis Berlinguette (Chemistry, UBCV)
- Prof. Isabel Grant (Peter A. Allard School of Law, UBCV)
- Dr. Stephen Guy-Bray (English Language and Literatures, UBCV)
- Dr. C.W. (Toph) Marshall (Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies, UBCV)
- Dr. Raymond Ng (Computer Science, UBCV)
- Dr. Roger Wilson (Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies, UBCV)
- Dr. Alison Wylie (Philosophy, UBCV)
One faculty was named as a new member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists. The College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists is Canada's first national system of multidisciplinary recognition for the emerging generation of Canadian intellectual leadership.
This new member is:
- Dr. Sheryl Lightfoot (Political Science, First Nations and Indigenous Studies and the School of Public Policy and Global Affairs, UBCV)
Please visit the VP Research + Innovations website to read more about these honours.