Two UBC professors elected to the National Academy of Sciences
Two UBC professors have been elected to the US National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in 2020, in recognition of their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research:
Dr. Loren Rieseberg, professor in the Department of Botany, Canada Research Chair in Plant Evolutionary Genomics, and Associate Director of Research at UBC Botanical Garden. Read the announcement on the UBC Botanical Garden website.
Dr. Janet F. Werker, professor in UBC's Department of Psychology, and Canada Research Chair in Developmental Psychology. Read the announcement on the Psychology website.
Dr. Rieseberg and Dr. Werker join five others from the UBC academic community as members of the NAS:
- Dr. Michael Smith, professor and director, UBC Biotechnology Laboratory (elected 1996)
- Dr. Sarah Otto, professor, Department of Zoology (elected 2013)
- Dr. Julian Davies, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, professor emeritus (elected 2014)
- Dr. Philip Hieter, professor, Michael Smith Laboratories (elected 2016)
- Dr. Dolph Schluter, professor, Department of Zoology (elected 2017)