Welcome to Shaping UBC’s Next Century — the strategic plan of the University of British Columbia, launched at a time of renewal as we embark on our next century as a leading public university.
Building on the success of UBC’s previous strategic plan, Place and Promise, our new plan focuses on three themes that we believe are critical to society today: inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
The new plan describes the strong connections between these themes and the four core areas that define what we do as a public university: people and places, research excellence, transformative learning and local and global engagement.
We have achieved considerable progress in the past decade around Indigenous relationships, sustainability and alumni engagement, framed through Place and Promise, and these priorities are now widely regarded as fundamental to UBC.
To learn more about Shaping UBC's Next Century, visit the strategic plan website.
The following plans support our broader institutional strategy:
- Faculty of Applied Science (new plan currently in development)
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Dentistry (new plan currently in development)
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science (new plan currently in development)
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Peter A. Allard School of Law
- UBC Sauder School of Business
- UBC Okanagan: Shaping UBC Okanagan’s future
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies (new plan currently in development)
- Faculty of Health and Social Development
- Faculty of Management
- Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
- Okanagan School of Education
- School of Engineering
Other Institutional Plans
- alumniUBC Connecting Forward
- Focus on People 2025 framework
- Green Building Action Plan
- Inclusion Action Plan
- Indigenous Strategic Plan (new plan currently in development)
- International Strategy
- Library Strategic Framework
- UBC Housing Action Plan
- UBC Vancouver Child Care Expansion Plan
- Wellbeing Strategic Framework
- VP Finance & Operations (VPFO) Strategic Plan
- 20-Year Sustainability Strategy