Welcome to Shaping UBC’s Next Century — the strategic plan of the University of British Columbia, launched at a time of renewal as we embark on our next century as a leading public university.
Building on the success of UBC’s previous strategic plan, Place and Promise, our new plan focuses on three themes that we believe are critical to society today: inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
The new plan describes the strong connections between these themes and the four core areas that define what we do as a public university: people and places, research excellence, transformative learning and local and global engagement.
We have achieved considerable progress in the past decade around Indigenous relationships, sustainability and alumni engagement, framed through Place and Promise, and these priorities are now widely regarded as fundamental to UBC.
To learn more about Shaping UBC's Next Century, visit the strategic plan website.
The following plans support our broader institutional strategy:
Faculty strategic plans
- Faculty of Applied Science Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Arts Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Dentistry Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Education Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Forestry Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems Strategic Plan
- Peter A. Allard School of Law Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Medicine Strategic Plan
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science Strategic Plan
- Sauder School of Business